Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Quiet Evening

"The best laid schemes of mice and men oft go astray . . ." Robert Burns

I have been trying to finish a wonderful book by Bruce Wilkinson entitled Dream Giver for a couple of weeks now. It takes me a while sometimes!! This evening while I am trying to read I can hear a Tim Hawkins video in the background, "no, Thomas, no! That's not the way we do things, no!!!" My three year old is being chased around by my thirteen year old - squealing and carrying on! As they go by, my eleven year old is shooting them with his Nerf gun. Next thing you know, the remote control car goes careening by being chased by the three year old, now with the Nerf gun!!! UUUUGH!! I am wondering how many times I have read this paragraph? Saturday night or no, I think it's time to put the kiddos to bed.

Welcome to my Humble Hootenanny!! Where there is NEVER a dull moment!!

Oh well, tomorrow is another day . . . and I am so thankful for library renewals!!! :D

1 comment:

  1. You know, I miss those days...I know that's hard to believe, but sometimes it can be too quiet around here now that the little ones have all grown up. Now, if they do get a little restless and start wrestling...it's more like an earthquake shaking the house...but that's a rare occasion.

    We do have plenty of time to read, though. :)

    ReplyDelete